Telos Back/Slash Split - 148, 153, 158
- Fun to Ride
- Floats Effortlessly
- Great touring trailblazer
The Back/Slash design is a Directional and Volume Shifted(short/fat) Pow Surfer that allows you to ride a much shorter than normal board without losing any feel or performance and with less swing weight than a traditional splitboard. The Setback Camber and wide Nose Rocker lets you Float effortlessly through Powder and the additional width gives extra stability through deep powder, as well as, making it a great touring trailblazer. Unlike many short boards the Back/Slash allows you to ride a centered stance and still float amazingly which reduces fatigue in deeper pow vs. always riding in the backseat. A specially designed multi-radial sidecut helps lay out and lock in the smoothest carves with a less aggressive transition toward the tip and tail to bite when you need it and still exit easily when you want to. Poplar & X-wood Split Control Core gives just as much stability in touring mode as it does on the way down and Polyurethane Sidewalls gives it just the playfulness you're looking for with the confidence to hold an edge in any conditions. Riding mode is super stable and clean with Telos hole-less base Thinserts™ top mount clip system fitted with Phantom Hercules Clips and Tip Hooks which are lightweight and easy to use. Rounded out with Lightweight and durable triaxial fiberglass construction and aluminum tail protection makes the Back/Slash Perfect for backcountry touring at any level and allows you to access and surf the white room all day long! The Back/Slash is a must have for your Dawn Patrol Touring Quiver!
148cm - up to 200lbs / 90 Kg (Normally Ride 158cm or smaller)
153cm- 230lbs / 105Kg (Normally Ride 159-163cm)
158cm - Big Boys and Big Backcountry Mountains (Normally Ride 164cm+)
- ONEBALL Bio-Green Wax – All Telos Boards are shred-ready straight from the shop and are responsibly waxed from the factory with ONEBALL Jay Bio-Green Wax, made from renewable soy beans.
- ELECTRA BASE – Telos high-speed, graphite infused, sintered base with die-cut logos is ultra-durable and helps eliminate the use of highly volatile solvents and chemicals used in typical inks. Solid color materials help to keep your bases looking fresh and the tighter molecular structure helps eliminate the possibility of unforeseen core shots from those gnarly backcountry sharks!
- Split Control Core – Poplar and Paulownia core with X-Wood technology are designed as two individual ski cores for peak touring performance that when combined create a stable and well-balanced torsional flex and stability. Carbon fiber stringers provide additional pop and performance. Each core starts from raw lumber in our factory which is cut down to specifically calculated strips and laid up by hand with each piece exactly where it needs to be for Ultimate Flex, Feel and Durability.
- Fiber-FleX Construction – Lightweight triaxial fiberglass makes the Back/Slash Split a lightweight trailblazer for getting you to the best surfing pow. Full layers of fiberglass laminated above and below the Poplar and X-Wood core create a lightweight and durable combination that absorbs anything you throw at it while giving you just the right flex, stability and fun.
- PERMA-FleX Resin – Telos proprietary resin that we’ve developed and used since the 1990s is still the only NO-VOC Resin used in the industry today. Many companies claim to use “Bio-resin” that may use sustainable filler materials but still also contain Volatile Organic Compounds that are harmful to our environment. Telos Perma-Flex Resin uses non-harmful specially formulated elastomers that not only locks in the camber and flex for the lifetime of the board but has the highest tested bonding strength of any other resin used in the industry today.
- Sustainable Textured topsheet – Textured nylon topsheet made from castor beans is sustainable, durable and helps protect against edge rash when touring. This mother-earth friendly material is scratch resistant, lightweight, printed with solvent free inks and offers a semi-transparent view to the core technology inside.
- Seamless Polyurethane sidewalls - Polyurethane sidewalls give you the confidence that your edge will hold when going into a hard carve while also giving the playfulness you’re looking for and also great for helping save edge rash when touring.
- Aluminum Tip protection – Specially designed aluminum tail protectors give added protection and durability in the backcountry without additional weight.
- Ceramic edge tuned – All Telos splitboards come with factory tuned inner and outer edges with detuned tips and tails for trail ready fun.
- Phantom Hercules Clips – All Telos Splitboards come with easy to use, Phantom Hercules clips which have a sleek and lightweight design combined with durable and super stable functionality.
- Thinserts™ Top Mount system – Hole-less base and bridge-less top mount splitboard clip system. Specially designed inserts and top mount hardware that keep you base clean and your top flush and with easy to mount inserts.